San Francisco, CA
stok is seeking an experienced Project Manager with 5+ years of experience in tenant improvement and/or ground-up projects. You will independently manage a variety of project types as the Client’s representative for all aspects of design and construction, including but not limited to budget and schedule management, assembling the team, overseeing build-out, occupancy, and closeout. You ideally have a background in architecture, engineering, interior architecture, or construction management, and a passion for sustainability.
You’re the right fit for stok if:
- You know there is a better way to do business and want to create positive impact through your work. stok believes in business as a force for good and is a certified B Corp, which enables us to maximize social and environmental impacts, in addition to profit.
- You want to give back in a meaningful way. stok gives 2% of all proceeds to the causes which we believe in and supports local vendors and fellow B Corps wherever possible.
- You want a level playing field. stok has intentionally baked social justice into our operating practices and one way we hold ourselves accountable is through the JUST Label.
- You have innovative ideas and want to have a say in how the company you work for operates. stok believes that power and money don’t belong in the same sentence and has built self-management and distributive governance into our organizational structure so that every Team Member has a say in policy and procedure.
The world needs companies like stok now more than ever. And stok needs you!
- Prepare scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, budget, work plan schedule & milestones
- Create, manage, and monitor the project schedule and budget throughout project duration
- Produce status reports to track against goals, objectives, risks, approved budgets & approved timelines
- Organize and manage team meetings & tenant communication
- Provide LOI and lease language review on behalf of tenant and landlord clients
- Generate written reports and meeting minutes and distribute to client
- Advise key subcontractor selection, generate and administer RFPs as needed
- Monitor RFIs, submittals, and change orders
- Manage permitting applications and approvals
- Assess change requests to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality, and risk
- Support value engineering exercises
- Mediate and assist in the resolution of construction conflicts
- Review general contractor application for payments and develop and implement tracking & payment process/system (includes purchase orders and contractor & vendor invoices)
- Ensure quality of project delivery during Construction Administration
- Manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks to ensure all projects stay within budget & schedule
- Evaluate lease terms & conditions and provide oversight of client obligations
- 5+years’ experience in tenant improvement, mixed-use, and/or ground-up projects
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience with SmartSheets, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a plus
- Familiarity with LEED projects
- Excellent communication, organization, and quantitative skills
At stok, we want you to bring your whole self to work, which is why we have created a benefits package which allows you to do just that.
Family is important. You can’t be your best you without knowing that your family is getting what they need to thrive, which is why stok offers its Team Members:
- Fully covered family healthcare for you & your loved ones.
- Life & long-term disability insurance, because we all like to get out there and have fun, but sometimes accidents happen and you still need to provide for your family.
- Paid maternity & paternity leave, so you can focus on your family during one of the most important times in your life.
- Dog friendly office, so your furry family members don’t have to stay at home alone.
Autonomy is structured into stok’s culture by design. You want to work at stok because you are passionate about boldly catalyzing an environmentally restorative and socially equitable world. You don’t need to be told what to do or how to do it. That’s why we offer:
- Flexible work schedules. Work from anywhere, any time. Seriously.
- Unlimited vacation. We’re all fellow travelers, and we know you’ll make sure the work gets done, so take time off when and as often as you need it.
Social and Environmental Justice are critical to our mission, so we bake them into everything we do.
- The world’s first fossil fuel-free and gun-free 401(k) plan so you can align your investments with your values.
- 32 hours of paid volunteer time each year, so you can give back to your community and the causes which matter most to you!
Other Perks and Fringe Benefits
- Transparent, objective, merit-based compensation and profit distribution policies
- $750 annual continuing education stipend
- On-site gym
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Personal company credit card
- Regular team lunches & happy hours
- Fully-stocked beer fridge
- Lifetime supply of hot sauces from our travels around the world