San Francisco, CA
In this role, you will oversee the strategic operations of the Sales and Marketing team, what we affectionately call the Harvest Pod. This position gives you a unique opportunity to shape the sales and marketing policies and practices of a growing and innovative organization.
You’re the right fit for stok if:
- You know there is a better way to do business and want to create positive impact through your work. stok believes in business as a force for good and is a certified B Corp, which enables us to maximize social and environmental impacts, in addition to profit.
- You want to give back in a meaningful way. stok gives 2% of all proceeds to the causes which we believe in and supports local vendors and fellow B Corps wherever possible.
- You want a level playing field. stok has intentionally baked social justice into our operating practices and one way we hold ourselves accountable is through the JUST Label.
- You have innovative ideas and want to have a say in how the company you work for operates. stok believes that power and money don’t belong in the same sentence and has built self-management and distributive governance into our organizational structure so that every Team Member has a say in policy and procedure.
The world needs companies like stok now more than ever. And stok needs you!
- Build a global Sales and Marketing operations function to achieve stok’s growth plans and enable scalability
- Facilitate the Harvest Pod and ensure all accountabilities are met
- Develop & manage the process flow of all leads, opportunities, and proposals within stok
- Demonstrate leadership by facilitating a culture of sales, including:
- Model selling strategies
- Invest in the professional and personal development of team members
- Develop communication approaches for marketing & sales successes throughout the organization
- Collaborate with multiple operating functions to cross pollinate ideas
- Catalyze the development and iteration of the Harvest strategic plan, including:
- Identify opportunity markets and submarkets (US & Global)
- Identify opportunities for new service lines or adjustments of existing service lines that drive value
- Execute timeline of priorities and initiatives
- Manage relationships with outsourced specialty consultants
- Differentiate individual market sales and marketing strategies
- Spearhead design, implementation, and iteration of improvements to the existing sales platform
- Prepare dynamic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Manage the development, implementation, and analysis of marketing communications
- Develop and manage Harvest Pod operating budget
- Effectively communicate stok’s value proposition through presentations and proposals
- Proactively identify and communicate emerging trends and industry news and deliver actionable learnings and recommendations to the Sales & Marketing team
- Participate in industry organizations working groups, boards and committees (ULI, CoreNet, CREW, USGBC, ILFI, etc.)
- Engage with industry through local events, conferences and social media
- Build upon stok’s brand through speaking at events and conferences within the US and globally
- Utilize existing network of contacts to introduce stok’s services or deepen relationship with existing clients
- Proactively identify and reach out to customers based on their sustainability goals and industry segment, and identify stok use cases that can help meet those goals
- Cultivate and maintain quality, long-term relationships and partnerships based on transparency, trust, communication, confidentiality and credibility with key internal and external stakeholders to accomplish strategic objectives
At stok, we want you to bring your whole self to work, which is why we have created a benefits package which allows you to do just that.
Family is important. You can’t be your best you without knowing that your family is getting what they need to thrive, which is why stok offers its Team Members:
- Fully covered family healthcare for you & your loved ones.
- Life & long-term disability insurance, because we all like to get out there and have fun, but sometimes accidents happen and you still need to provide for your family.
- Paid maternity & paternity leave, so you can focus on your family during one of the most important times in your life.
- Dog friendly office, so your furry family members don’t have to stay at home alone.
Autonomy is structured into stok’s culture by design. You want to work at stok because you are passionate about boldly catalyzing an environmentally restorative and socially equitable world. You don’t need to be told what to do or how to do it. That’s why we offer:
- Flexible work schedules. Work from anywhere, any time. Seriously.
- Unlimited vacation. We’re all fellow travelers, and we know you’ll make sure the work gets done, so take time off when and as often as you need it.
Social and Environmental Justice are critical to our mission, so we bake them into everything we do.
- The world’s first fossil fuel-free and gun-free 401(k) plan so you can align your investments with your values.
- 32 hours of paid volunteer time each year, so you can give back to your community and the causes which matter most to you!
Other Perks and Fringe Benefits
- Transparent, objective, merit-based compensation and profit distribution policies
- $750 annual continuing education stipend
- On-site gym
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Personal company credit card
- Regular team lunches & happy hours
- Fully-stocked beer fridge
- Lifetime supply of hot sauces from our travels around the world